Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tug Boat at Lonsdale Quay

Wonky Tug
I met with the Urban Sketchers today at Lonsdale Quay. There were about 10 of us, sitting on the deck near the fountain as tourists milled around. The pan pipe guy played watery music and the sun shone on us towards the end of the session. We had a good chance to show sketchbooks, swap tips and connect. What amazes me about sketching with the group, or even alone as it turns out, is that I don't feel self conscious at all. Once I get drawing, the people blend into the background and I become oblivious to whether anyone is watching or not. It is a little disconcerting when people stand in front of the view I am working on but they usually clue in when I start peering around them!

1 comment:

  1. Quite beautiful - the insights, the words and the watercolours!

    ReplyDelete