Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Self Portrait Project - 30 Days

The new year has started and with it comes the promise of New Year's resolutions. In the spirit of a 30 day challenge, I have decided to try to do a self portrait a day, for 30 days. It may seem like a narcissistic project, but let me defend myself. Roz Stendhal, whose work I admire very much, sets herself very specific projects. She once did a project call Daily Dots, for which she drew her dog everyday, for a very long time. I don't have a pet and I think my family would rebel if I asked them to pose for me everyday. So I am my own willing model. Here goes. (all from life - pencil, pen, pen and watercolour)
#1 Whoa, what a big forehead!

#2 Cool lifework…not at all like me though.

#3 Getting closer. I should really use watercolour paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment